Thursday, July 29, 2010

Eclipse

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By chuckette at 2010-07-30
So the other day i finally caved and saw eclipse. I was a big fan of the first 2 books but the 3rd and 4th were just ridiculous. Being from Washington its kind of fun to see your state so stereotypically displayed, we don't actually drink Rainer Beer ALL the time. I actually liked the overall feel of the movie, it was very dark and sleek and cool. Acting/Plot wise though, it was very hard to take seriously. I was annoyed that they made Jessica Valedictorian just because Anna Kendrick was nominated for an Oscar. I will say that the fight scenes were really cool, but there should have been more.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By chuckette at 2010-07-29
And of course we have reached the eternally debatable question, Edward or Jacob. Personally I think that the way the movies are done just makes Bella look like this pathetic weak girl who has an unhealthy attachment to her boyfriend. It wasn't quite so apparent in the books but watching it on screen makes me uncomfortable. The movies also make Edward look like a secretive abstinence-pushing dickhead. so if you were to base it strictly off the movies I would be all for her switching to Jacob. I actually have a friend who asked if that happens in the next movie because it just seems like the next logical step in the plot after this one. But when you are reading the books Edward comes across as this chivalrous protective sweetheart who is a bit stuck in the past, but in no way does he seem pushy or overbearing. Jake looks a lot more immature and unstable. Based off of the books I would say that Bella and Edward are a perfect couple, provided that she makes some OTHER friends. that just leaves Jacob all free for me ;-) (yeah i know, until that weirdo demon baby comes along, sorry for spoilers)
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By chuckette at 2010-07-30
Something else I noticed while watching the movie is that all the pale makeup and light blond hair looks super unnatural on Nikki Reed. she jst looks awkward. I think she is super gorgeous normally. (Maybe not the BEST picture examples, but I was short on time) What do you think? I might be wrong, Nikki or Rosalie?

No comments:

Post a Comment